My name is Lena and I’m volunteering at YCM for half a year, starting from September.
On my first day here I was asked about how I felt before I left. “Nervous, but excited.” I said. Nervous about if people would be welcoming, about how well I would fit into this place. It turned out that my worries were uncalled for, as I was welcomed with open arms. From the very first second people here tried to make me feel comfortable and included me into this wonderful community that radiates acceptance and familiarity.
Long term volunteers
We have hosted a number of long term volunteers in the past.
- Erick Diantoni Akbar, Personal Volunteer, 2018-2019
- Hanja Tamas, Personal Volunteer, 2019
- Lauren Cavanagh, Australian Volunteer International, 2018-2019
- Andrew Catton, Australian Volunteer International, 2018-2019
- Moritz May, Personal Volunteer, 2019
- Ilka Schreier, Personal Volunteer, 2018-2019
- Nana Violetta Lefering, Personal Volunteer, 2018
- Miran Campell Smith, Personal Volunteer, 2017-2018
- Mira Lay, Australian Volunteer International, 2016-2018
- Nico Vih Peltier, Go Global Indonesia, 2018
We have also hosted guests who donate their time to provide specialized workshops. This is a non-exhaustive list of those who have contributed their time.
- Peter Geers, Health information and fun Science workshop, Australia, 2019
- Immanuel Hotdo, Business using online platform workshop, 2017
- Suzanne Rastovac & Jeremy Flohr, Music workshop, Netherlands, 2014
- Peter & Delma, Science workshop, Australia, 2014 and 2016